- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- Systems Affected:
Adware.TickerBar sends system information to a remote server.
The files are detected as Adware.TickerBar.
Adware.TickerBar is normally installed as a component of other adware.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 23 March 2017 revision 037
- Initial Daily Certified version 28 February 2004
- Latest Daily Certified version 23 March 2017 revision 041
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 28 February 2004
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Adware.TickerBar runs, it does the following:
- Sends system information to a server.
- Can update itself.
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
Note: Removing this adware component from the system will likely cause the program that installed it to not function as intended. The uninstaller generally identifies the programs that will not work after uninstallation.
- Update the definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.TickerBar.
1. Updating the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. Scanning for and deleting the files
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Adware.TickerBar, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.