- 13 February 2007
- Svenska Let To Phone
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- Systems Affected:
Dialer.LetToPhone is a dialer program that can be used to access adult content, by dialing a high-cost phone number using a modem.
The files are detected as Dialer.LetToPhone.
The most common installation method for this dialer is through various Web sites.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 01 February 2015 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version 19 June 2004
- Latest Daily Certified version 17 January 2008 revision 033
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 23 June 2004
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Dialer.LetToPhone is executed, it displays a license agreement that includes a link to the phone charges.
If you accept the license agreement, Dialer.LetToPhone will dial a high-cost phone number and may download and execute additional components that provide access to adult content.
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Close modem connections.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Dialer.LetToPhone.
1. To update the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To close modem connections
This risk uses available modems to create an Internet connection, sometimes without any visible signs. In order to successfully remove this threat, ensure that all modem-based Internet connections are disconnected before proceeding. For instructions on how to do this, consult the appropriate Internet service provider, computer manufacturer, or operating system documentation.
3. To scan for and delete the files
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Dialer.LetToPhone, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.